[jsr-314-open] <h:dataTable> binding vs. ui:repeat

Ken Paulsen Ken.Paulsen at Sun.COM
Fri Sep 4 15:40:40 EDT 2009

Hi Andy,

In JSFT I leveraged the ValueChange, Action, etc. events to fire off
this type of event / eventlistener model.  I then never used the legacy
ones directly b/c the unified way of defining and handling all events
was much simpler.  So I guess my opinion is to register listeners for
any type of event in a generic way; legacy (hard-coded) events can
delegate to the generic event system for their impl.  I would prefer not
to see many more new tags for the purpose of defining new events... they
all basically do the same thing w/ a different event name.

But, I'll be happy regardless of what happens. :)

Thanks everyone that has been contributing to JSF while I have been
bogged down for the last several months w/ less fun stuff (except for my
vacation to Peru... that was fun). :)  I'm trying to be more active now....

Thanks!

Ken