[jsr-314-open] [ADMIN] java.net hacking after-effects: ChangeLog missing

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 15:36:29 EST 2010

Thanks for the update Ed. We take for granted sometimes that the internet
isn't the permanent repository we sometimes assume it is. Hopefully a better
backup exists.

If not, for anyone on this list visited the Jsf2MR1ChangeLog in the fall and
hasn't visited it since, there is a chance it is in your browser's cache.
Grep for the page title and see if you can find a more recent version.

-Dan

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Ed Burns <Ed.Burns at sun.com> wrote:

> I sent this to Sun's internal program team that manages JSF.  I'm Cc'ing
> here for your information.
>
> EB> Roger and I discussed this on the phone and he has agreed to own the
> EB> task of resolving this issue.
>
> EB> As I had feared, the version of the JSF 2.0 changelog that was restored
> EB> after the attack is not the most current one.  Looking at [1], you can
> EB> clearly see that the version is hopelessly out of date: the highest
> EB> issue id is C0024.  I know we were up around C0048.
>
> EB> I also discovered that the RealWorldJsfLinks page is out of date [2],
> EB> but thankfully I found that google's cache had a version that was more
> EB> recent.  I'm in the process of fixing it now.
>
> EB> ACTION: Roger, can you please make it so [1] has the correct recent
> EB> state, as of the date of the attack?
>
> EB> This task must be completed before we can move forward with the
> "errata"
> EB> MR, which we loosely promised (and Dan Allen quickly re-tweeted) in the
> EB> Jan-Feb timeframe.
>
> EB> [1] http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Projects/Jsf2MR1ChangeLog
>
> EB> [2] http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/Projects/RealWorldJSFLinks
>
> Ed