[jsr-314-open-mirror] [jsr-314-open] [490-XmlViews] Chapter 11: The JSF XML View Syntax

Andy Schwartz andy.schwartz at oracle.com
Wed Oct 27 13:59:05 EDT 2010

> On 10/27/10 9:37 AM, Ed Burns wrote:
>>

>> AS> Does this mean that we will not render any doctype for XML-style
>> views?
>>
>> The initial requirements for what passes through and what does not,
>> which went into Appendix A table 1-1, didn't say anything about DOCTYPE.

Oh, btw, I meant to mention... The initial patch that Max provided to
demonstrate this functionality handled all constructs that Facelets
considers to be "instructions" generically in
CompilationManager.writeInstruction():

>     public void writeInstruction(String value) {
>
>         if (this.compiler.isTrimmingXMLInstructions())
>             return;

This approach covers the doctype case as well.  I notice that Mojarra
ended up going with a different approach that selectively handles
specific types of instructions.  Perhaps the generic approach might be a
better way to go.

Andy