[keycloak-dev] About the visual design

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Aug 1 15:13:48 EDT 2013

On 8/1/2013 11:18 AM, Gabriel Cardoso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> here are some questions that help in the creation of a visual identity
> for the project.
>
>   * What is the origin of the name Keycloak? Key
>     <http://www.google.com.br/search?q=key+images&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=mXn6UaviBZP29gTG4YGABQ&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1421&bih=918> +
>     Cloak
>     <http://www.google.com.br/search?q=cloak+images&client=safari&rls=en&biw=1421&bih=918&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=znn6UducDZD08ATplYGQAQ&ved=0CCcQsAQ>?
>     Like "your keys are protected"? Is there another meaning in the name?

Keys protected....BTW I tried out a crap load of names besides that.
Between it already being taken and legal...we were left with keycloak.
I was kind of hoping for shadowman with a cloak covering his eyes.

>   * On top of LoginRadius, is there another project/product that offers
>     a similar solution of Keycloak?

Anybody that is an Identity SSO server.  I believe there are a bunch of
other social brokers too.

>   * How would you like the users to perceive Keycloak? List some
>     qualities (e.g. secure vs. flexible, sober vs. irreverent, clean vs.
>     expressive, cold vs. hot etc. ).

Simply Secure.