[keycloak-dev] Issues 16, 17 and 24

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 16:43:25 EDT 2013

On 8/12/2013 4:19 PM, Gabriel Cardoso wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I have some doubts with regards to the issues:
>
> - Issue 16 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-16>: When the user
> is asked to give permissions, won't they see the pop ups from Facebook
> or Google? Or will them see a popup with Keycloak style inside Keycloak?
> If so, will they probably have to authorize different permissions of
> different social providers, do they?

They will see the popup form FB/Google *AND* if configured, they will
see it from Keycloak as well.  Facebook and Google may not have the
notion of the permissions that are requested by the OAuth client.

> - Issue 17 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-17>: With regards
> to the OAuth grants, same doubt, is not this made in Google?

Only for information provided by Google applications, AFAIK, i.e. Email,
contacts, etc.  For example, event-announcer.com may want permission to
view your events on event-juggler.com.  Google doesn't know anything
about this.  It only knows about google applications.

> - Issue 24 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-24>: I guess it is
> related to 17 and 16.

While you wouldn't manage credentials within a social Account management
page, you might want to revoke keycloak-specific grants you've given in
Issue 16 and 17.  You might want to unregister here too.