[keycloak-dev] What next

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Aug 15 08:14:11 EDT 2013

Undertow adapter sounds good.

We would still need some Arquillian tests though. To test web applications Arquillian Drone is really good. But, you wouldn't run those tests on a normal build as they are slow (and open Firefox/Chrome windows). To run those you'd enabled 'arq-remote' or 'arq-embed' mvn profiles.

I was also wondering if instead of forwarding to securityFailure + rollback transaction if we could throw a SecurityFailure exception. Then add an exception handler that rollsback the transaction and does the forwarding. To prevent it from being a performance issue we could simply override fillInStackTrace to prevent it from generating the stack trace.

If you're happy with servlet filter + exception mapper approach I can sort it out now. To make sure tests continue to function I can just leave KeycloakSessionCleanupFilter until the Undertow adapter is ready.

BTW one way to run Arquillian tests quicker is to use the remote container. This doesn't start/stop the container for each test making it a lot quicker to run during development.