[keycloak-dev] What next

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Aug 15 09:32:34 EDT 2013

> ATM all that's needed to stop the leak is to change "new Transaction(false)" to "new Transaction()" everywhere (for example RealmsResource.getTokenService).

Can't do that as the locators are initializing session dependent objects
i.e. ResourceModel.

> We could also remove the filters all together, and make Transaction open the session instead?

Transaction already opens the session.  KeycloakSessionCreateFilter is
not currently enabled.  KeycloakSessionCleanupFilter is only enabled as
a failsafe just in case there was a coding error.

BTW, I actually don't remember why I did it this way.  I know there was
a problem with JAX-RS filters I just can't remember what it was.  Maybe
it was just a late-night coding error where your brain is too tired and
hallucinates.  It looks like Resteasy should run the appropriate
response filters.  I'll re-investigate and provide a patch to keycloak
to remove Transaction and do everything in jax-rs filters if possible.