[keycloak-dev] Realms and applications

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Jul 30 11:54:51 EDT 2013

Is the relationship between a realm and applications one-to-many? If so I assume it would be possible to change the realm an application uses?

Also I was wondering if it's necessary that an application has to know what realm to use to login users. According to https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/wiki/Login-Algorithm the application should redirect to:

https://keycloak.org/realms/demo/tokens/login?state=...&redirect_uri=...&client_id=...

Would it not be better if it didn't have to know about the realm? So login would be something like:

https://keycloak.org/oauth2/?state=...&redirect_uri=...&client_id=...

Same applies when an application wants to access lists of users, or the user profile for a specific user, etc.