[keycloak-dev] implement JPA model

Boleslaw Dawidowicz bdawidow at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 16:40:48 EST 2013

K. Should have written 'a bit' instead of 'a lot'. Sorry for that. Still my point remains. I think most of the headaches come from using it as a general purpose storage while it shouldn't be treated as such.

Bill I'm not saying you are wrong in your judgement that custom JPA store will serve you better - for what you are trying to do it certainly will. Just saying that the usecase for IDM store is wrong here and should be altered. Just keep IDM stuff there and nothing else. Keep the model simple.

Still then... It is your project and doing custom store is a sane shortcut atm. IMO it is slightly short sighted but thats just my judgement. You'll be able to easier maintain it and tune it now. Tradeoff is that PL could benefit from being consumed in KC in a proper way - and this would be beneficial for KC in the long run as well. I fear we'll see a lot of duplicated functionality in both projects.

In the end all I'm saying is that PL integration will be needed. If not now than later. Additionally we would like to be able to come up with alternative storage implementation. And this is quite a strong requirement for us