[keycloak-dev] url problem with login/account mgmt

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Nov 27 10:50:14 EST 2013

Apps may want to have a link back to login, logout, and account
management.  The problem is this link has the form of:

/realms/{id}

Where {id} is this huge generated id.  We do this because realm names
may not be unique in multi-tenancy environments.  While our public cloud
plans are to create a dedicated server instance for a company, we may
want to support multi-tenancy in the future.  So I think this has to stay.

What sucks is how can an app developer find out this id?  We can show
the ID in the admin console and/or even have a "base url" field for the
realm with a "Copy to Clipboard" button.  The adapters could set
HttpServletRequest parameters pointing to logout and acct mgmt URLs too.
  Any other ideas/concerns?

Bill