[keycloak-dev] CORS and Keycloak

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 12:59:46 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----

That's a brilliant idea - if you mentioned this in our Hangout I completely missed it (end of day ==> tired brain!) ;)

> * Keycloak application adapters (i.e. the Tomcat Valve, or the Undertow
> Handler) can be set up to handle CORS requests.
> * Allowed origins can be specified within the adapter's config file.
>
> Additionally we could:
> * Store allowed origins per application within the Keycloak realm database
> * Have a Keycloak REST API to obtain allowed origins for an application
> * Optionally store allowed origins in the signed access token.
>
> The Keycloak application adapter then has 3 options to authorize a CORS
> invocation:
>
> 1) Its config file
> 2) a REST call to the Keycloak sever
> 3) From the access token.
>
> #3 could get quite problematic as the access token could get quite large.
>
> #3 does fit in nicely with Keycloak's concept of a Scope though.

I don't like 1 as I think it would have to be something that can be changed through the admin console, without having to update applications. If ignoring access token size #3 is definitively the most attractive option.