[keycloak-dev] changes to admin ui login/bootstrap

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Oct 17 04:42:04 EDT 2013

I strongly feel this is a mistake. We need to find a way to make the admin console use Keycloak without any hacks. In my opinion the admin console should use keycloak.js as it's a client-side application. For client-side applications the credentials should be public so can just be pre-configured to a well-known string.

Safety of client-side applications are provided by two things: firstly the application credentials themselves don't give you any privileges, secondly the redirect uri should be verified by Keycloak preventing unauthorized use of the credentials.

If we can't come up with a good and safe approach to using Keycloak with HTML5 and mobile applications the project is a huge fail! If we're not using it directly ourselves for our HTML5 console that doesn't sound right to me.