[keycloak-dev] Audit finished

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 23:51:16 EDT 2014

I still think you are mixing up auditing with events.  We can't be
writing to a database each and every request multiple times.  IMO most
of these audits should be pushed to a text log file.  Audits include:

* login success/failure
* illegal access
* etc.

I just don't think it would be useful to view these types of audits in
the admin console.  Once you get beyond a handful of users, this
information will just be overbearing and will need a tool to make sense of.

Events would be different though.  These would be things that probably
need action. i.e.

* Admin is notified of a brute force attack from an IP
* User is notified that somebody tried to log in from China

Those would be interesting to view from the admin console.