[keycloak-dev] isolate picketlink dependency please

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 17:59:23 EDT 2014

Mongo model is using just some helper reflection classes from
org.picketlink.common. It should be easy to fork some functionality and
completely remove dependency on org.picketlink.common from mongo model.

However picketlink is also used for Ldap integration and here it's more
complicated...

So what exactly is the requirement for picketlink integration? Am I
understand correctly that all picketlink dependencies must be removed
from auth-server.war/WEB-INF/lib/ and added as deps to
auth-server.war/WEB-INF/jboss-deployment-structure.xml instead?

If I understand correctly, this means that Keycloak must use same
Picketlink version, which is bundled with EAP. Do you know what is our
target EAP version and which version of Picketlink is in it?

Today I've upgraded Keycloak to newly released Picketlink 2.6.0.CR2,
which contains some nice LDAP improvements and fixes (like support for
RHDS and connection pooling). So it seems that I will need to revert
this and use some older picketlink version bundled in EAP instead:-(

Marek