[keycloak-dev] Keycloak Admin Console UI - a little guide

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Aug 4 08:43:30 EDT 2014

Hello,

as part of the UPS release we are improving our own 'user guide' for the
UPS. Current status is visible here:
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/

In this guide, there is a section that is called "Administration of the
UnifiedPush Server", which should be explaining the Keycloak's Admin
Console UI features (see [1]). The doc would contain a bunch of screenshots
and little sentences to explain the reason of these different screens,
similar to:
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/admin-ui/

However, before starting too early on this document, I was wondering about
a few things :-)

* there is no such 'Console UI guide' from the Keycloak team, atm - right ?
If so, that's totally fine and I am happy to create one for UPS. Hopefully
some of its conent can be reused by the KC team. Would be cool if we can
work on improving that document together

* are you guys planning significant changes to the Admin Console UI, after
the beta4 has been released? I've seen some PRs around "UI federation" (I
am not familiar w/ the details around that), but that seems to be done once
we have the beta4 release available.

Thanks,
Matthias

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-877