[keycloak-dev] code freeze at end of day today

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 16:01:49 EDT 2014

I've finished testing with AD and added one more commit (support
registration of new users into some Active Directory deployments).
Tomorrow, I plan to update docs for export/import but no more commits
from me (unless I found something critical and I will ping you in that
case).

btv. some more feedback and questions from LDAP testing:

* During import of realm, do we want to add users just to local store or
also to federation providers? Example: I've exported users from my realm
and some are mapped to LDAP. Now I want to import them into different
(clean) database, but during import, they are added into both local
database and into LDAP where they already exists -> error.
I wonder if we should skip adding users into FederationProviders at all
(or at least have it configurable) wdyt?

* The small disadvantage of proxy objects are multiple calls to LDAP
during single user registration. For example calling to:

         user.setFirstName(formData.getFirst("firstName"));
         user.setLastName(formData.getFirst("lastName"));
         user.setEmail(email);

will actually perform 6 network calls to LDAP (each method call to
WritableLDAPUserModelDelegate first checks if user exists and then doing
full update of user). Do we care about this? LDAP is primarily designed
for reading, so maybe writing from Keycloak won't be often anyway? I am
not sure...

* The semantics of "searchForUser" is a bit different for
FederationProviders and our model implementations. For example, if you
have user "John Doe" and you search for "ohn Do" in admin console, then
both JPA and Mongo local providers will return you "John Doe" as they
add % at the beginning/end. However federation providers are looking
exactly for FirstName: "ohn" , LastName: "Do", so if "John Doe" exists
in LDAP, he won't be returned.

Marek