[keycloak-dev] [aerogear-dev] Aerogear UPS + Keycloak cartridge combined together POC

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 13:58:07 EST 2014

On 2/4/2014 12:38 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>     I've added Keycloak AS7 modules to UPS cart but not admin console. I
>     believe
>     that Keycloak is SaaS, so usage with two different carts reflect
>     reality better.
>     Configuring Keycloak cart once and let all other carts use is seems
>     the right
>     way to me.
>

> there is IMO pros and cons in both ways

Originally, Keycloak was going to be a SaaS.  One internet service where
users could register and create their own Realms....But, we decided that
users will probably want to have full control of their security metadata
and not share a database with other users.  Less we have to worry about
from a storage security standpoint.

I've never built a cartridge so apologies if I have it wrong, but IMO,
UPS should support bundling its own keycloak server already
preconfigured, or, it should hook into an existing keycloak instance.  I
don't know if this would require 2 different cartridges, or if you would
have an online "installation" UI to make these types of decisions.