[keycloak-dev] composite roles in

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 06:57:18 EST 2014

Instead of allowing multiple default roles should we not have a single initial role on a realm? This means we can remove the default roles page, and instead have a simple select list on the realm settings page.

We could also have both a initial role and a default role associated with a realm. The initial role is provided to users when they register or are created through admin console, while the default role is always granted to all users.

When listing and selecting roles it would be good if there was some indication if it's a composite role or a simple role.

Editing the roles is a bit confusing as the "Composite Realm Roles" and "Composite Application Roles" sections are always shown. It was more clear when there was a "composite" on/off toggle. Also, can we have composite app roles? If so can a composite app role consist of roles for other apps and realm?