[keycloak-dev] Running unit tests with different model implementations

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 10:45:19 EST 2014

Thanks for the clarification, thing is that we may need mongo model in
alpha 2 too because of liveoak.

So for now I did not made any big refactoring and movement of existing
manager classes. I just introduced new module "model/tests" and moved
just existing model related unit tests (basically everything except
EmailSenderTest) from "services" module to this one. Then I configured
model/jpa and model/mongo modules to use tests from this one. So
currently all these model unit tests are always executed during build of
particular model implementation (ie. building model/jpa runs all tests
with "jpa" model implementation and building model/mongo runs all tests
with "mongo" model implementation).

So only thing moved to different location are those unit tests classes.
Is this acceptable change for Alpha 2?

With this change, if you decide to enable/disable some model
implementation, you will need just comment/uncomment one line in
model/pom.xml and that's it. Side-effect of this is that many
test-scoped dependencies from "services" module are not needed anymore
(especially hibernate and H2, which were needed for "jpa" model)

Testsuite is executed just with JPA model by default, there is separate
profile for running it with mongo, which is used only if you add
-Dkeycloak.model=mongo .

Hope to send PR with mongo model later today or early tomorrow with this
change introduced.

Thanks,
Marek