[keycloak-dev] WildFly subsystem and demo

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 10:47:27 EST 2014

On 2/18/2014 9:45 AM, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 2/18/2014 7:44 AM, Stan Silvert wrote:
>> On 2/18/2014 7:16 AM, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
>>> I've just tried out deploying the demo manually using the WildFly subsystem. It's very cool and I really like how the WildFly subsystem has made things so much simpler. Some comments though on my "experience" trying this out.
>>>
>>> 1. Having to edit standalone.xml to add secure-deployment requires restarting the server. In installation tab we could have an additional option that lists the jboss-cli command to add this at runtime
>> Yes, it's usually easier and more accurate to run a CLI script instead
>> of editing standalone.xml by hand.  Using CLI also allows you to make
>> the update remotely when you might not have access to the remote file
>> system.
>>
> Stan.  I actually kinda (not wholeheartedly) disagree.  To run the CLI
> requires setting up a local user to administrate the server.  Its
> actually easier to cut, paste, and restart, IMO.
If you are local then CLI does not require setting up a user.  Web
console requires it, but CLI does not.

If you are remote then I'm sure you agree that CLI is better since it is
that much harder to edit a remote file.

Granted, there is more work to do in this area to make it even easier.
One thing you could do is create a CLI script along with a *.sh or *.bat
file to launch it.  Tell the user to save it to JBOSS_HOME/bin.  Then
you can update the server quickly and accurately with a single click.