[keycloak-dev] caching

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 08:41:52 EST 2014

I don't want to require a distributed cache.  It may make both securing
this cache, configuring, and deploying it much more complicated than we
want it to be.  Especially in an environment like Openshift.  Don't you
think?  Plus there's things that can be stored in a non-JPA cache.  i.e.
you can pre-calculate role mappings, scope mappings, access grants.
Then all you have to do is marshall the tokens into json and sign them.

As far as huge deployments goes, define huge?  Even a realm with 1
million users would probably be around 10GiG, which is very easy to
handle for most modern databases.