[keycloak-dev] 1.0 Final roadmap

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 11:51:44 EST 2014

What's left for must-have features before we can start pushing for a
1.0.Final release?  We need to release 1.0 sometime in June.

* Minimal OpenID Connect support
* Import/Export of various items of a realm (for data migration).
* Aerogear bootstrap requirements
* Theme support for admin console so we can brand it.
* Revocation policies.  I'm thinking Not-Before is good enough for a 1.0
release.  We need to be able to push this to deployed apps.  And also
maybe piggyback this information in AcessTokenResponse.  This also of
course needs to be stored within subsystem config too, or maybe we could
just have adapters pull that information from server at bootup.
* Remember Me for social logins
* Federation of users/credentials with LDAP/AD.  Hopefully through
Picketlink.
* User session management.  Admin can logout a user.
* Audit log.

Scaling/Optimization:

* Storage cache for the token service so it doesn't hit the database.
* Make token service stateless for clustering environments (maybe don't
need for 1.0?)

We'll stick with only AS7/EAP/Wildfly adapters for 1st release.  We also
have to pencil in time for weeks of test writing, benchmarking, and
documentation.