[keycloak-dev] examples/distro reworked/improved/finalized PLEASE TRY!

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Jan 7 15:12:15 EST 2014

Please build and try on the examples and distro please!  I'll be writing
up the documentation so please get me some feedback.

* new distribution/ directory containing multiple poms
* examples now use a jboss modules import of adapter through
jboss-deployment-structure.xml
* removed server/ project from examples/
* tested on wildfly8cr1, eap61, as711

To build the distro

$ cd keycloak/distribution
$ mvn clean install

this pom is not in the main build as it takes up a ton of space and
downloads the wildfly distro.

There will be two distribution zips.  They are located in the build here:

distribution/war-dist/target/keycloak-war-dist.zip
distribution/appliance-dist/target/keycloak-appliance-dist.zip

Directions on how to install keycloak and run the examples are here:

https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples/wildfly-demo
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples/as7-eap-demo

Please try it out for both and tell me what you think of the
distro/examples, etc...

The WAR Dist:

This is for when you want to install the keycloak server on an existing
Wildfly, EAP, or AS7 distro.

deployments/auth-server.war
deployments/auth-server.war.dodeploy
deployments/keycloak-ds.xml
examples/
adapters/keycloak-as7-adapter-dist-1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.zip
adapters/keycloak-eap6-adapter-dist-1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.zip
adapters/keycloak-wildfly-adapter-dist-1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.zip

All you do is do a cp -r deployments/ to the standalone/ directory of
your jboss/wildfly install and then just start up the server.

The adapters/* are for installing an adapter on a non-keycloak server
instances.  You just unzip them in the jboss top level director.

The Appliance Zip:

This contains a full bootable appliance.  Right now, SSL is not set up
by default.  I'm still not sure if it is worth it to set up a
"localhost" self-signed cert or not.

keycloak/
examples/
adapters/keycloak-as7-adapter-dist-1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.zip
adapters/keycloak-eap6-adapter-dist-1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.zip
adapters/keycloak-wildfly-adapter-dist-1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT.zip

The keycloak/ directory is a wildfly distro that contains the keycloak
server war and ds.xml file for the datasource, as well as the wildfly
adapter jboss module all unzipped.