[keycloak-dev] Isn't SSL required a global setting?

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 11:24:57 EST 2014

At the moment we have a SSL required setting per-realm. I was thinking that it should be a global configuration for a Keycloak server. In production all requests to a Keycloak server should be over https, while in development it should be possible to use http for simplicity. That's not a per-realm thing IMO.

If it's ok that it's a global config, we can drop it from the realm and instead add:

<security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>keycloak</web-resource-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <user-data-constraint>
    </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

To the web.xml in the distribution. In the documentation we should then have two options, first how to configure SSL on WildFly, second how to allow HTTP (with a warning that it's only for development!).