[keycloak-dev] Keycloak artifacts not in Maven Central

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 08:37:47 EST 2014

On 1/30/2014 8:13 AM, Karel Piwko wrote:
> I did some checks and there is some work needed:
>
> 1/ According to Maven Central rules, there should not be any <repository>
> elements in pom.xml files

> 2/ When I removed them, org.jboss.web:jbossweb:jar:7.0.17.Final is not
> available no Maven Central
>
> So, following steps are needed:
>
> * figure out whether jbossweb dependency could be replaced by something else,
>    if not - it has to undergo same checks as keycloak and be synced to Maven
>    Central or, which I prefer, to release it relocated to org.keycloak groupId.
>    Given that 7.0.17.Final has do external dependencies at all -
>    seems much easier then trying to convince sonatype to pick a single version
>    of jbossweb tree
> * remove all <repositories> from pom.xml files

Would hosting at Maven Central require developers to configure their
settings.xml, or can the build still run OOTB?  A build running OOTB is
more important than hosting at Maven Central.

Also, what is the performance of Maven Central compared to
repository.jboss.org?  I've often had slow as balls connections to Maven
Central and never any problems with repository.jboss.org.  Finally,
nobody has ever complained that Resteasy is not at Maven central.
People have no problems using repository.jboss.org so I don't see what
the big deal is.