[keycloak-dev] Reset password and verify email links are to long

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 08:43:51 EDT 2014

> This is probably what you've said already Bill, but just to make sure:
>
> 1. Associate the required information to create a token from an access code with the user session (basically what's in AccessCodeEntry now)
> 2. The code that is sent as the query param only contains id, session-id, timestamp
> 3. Once we receive a code to swap for a token we remove the information added in 1 from the user session and use this to generate the token
>
> Couple questions:
>
> * Do we do this just for emails? or also for the code sent in login redirects?
> * Do we really need session-id and timestamp, or isn't id enough?

Actually, do we even need a specific access code?  Even for OAuth 2
flow?  Just pass around the session id.  All information to validate
calls, especially accessCodeToToken[1] should be in the UserSession.
You just have to make absolutely sure you are validating redirect uri
and client-id to guard against swapping.

> * Isn't this pretty much just going back to state-full TokenManager except we're saving it in the UserSession instead of TokenManager itself?

Yup. :)  LOL!!!!!

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-4.1.3