[keycloak-dev] Remaining work and who does what for beta-4

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Jul 16 11:12:51 EDT 2014

> Now that the craziness of splitting the model is behind us I think we should figure out exactly what's left to do for beta-4, who's doing what and an estimated release date.
>
> Here's the list of things I can come up with:
>
> 1. JPA UserRoleMappingEntity and UserEntity still have @ManyToOne to RoleEntity and RealmEntity respectively.
> 2. JPA and Mongo RealmEntity and UserEntity should be refactored to be attribute based as in the Hybrid model.
> 3. Credential validation, update needs to move from RealmModel to UserProvider.
> 4. Sync support in UserProvider
> 5. LDAP implementation for 4
> 6. Access code work (reducing code size, email link size, single-use code, etc.)
> 7. Pagination support for users
> 8. Improve delete of users
>
> My vote is yes to all above!
>
> Also, a couple of things we should consider:
>
> 9. Add generic configuration for providers, including the ability to configure any providers through the admin console
> 10. Have KeycloakSession bound to a specific realm

I'm working on 1-5 and 8.  I think I can be done in 5-7 business days.
1-3, 8 are really easy, at least for JPA.  Was going to copy what stian
did for Hybrid for attribute queries.

-1 for #10.  We need per-realm providers probably for everything, but
RealmProvider.  4 and 5 will be impacted by per-realm UserProvider.  #5
will be a refactoring of Marek's current code to fit model we've been
discussing for #4.

IMO, #9 comes in 2 parts.  1st part is a generic Config per-realm
storage.  2nd is Provider config through admin console.

I vote Stian does #6 and #9.  Marek finishes 7 and looks into LDAP
changelogs.  There's also a few bugs/enhancements here and there still
in JIRA.

> Also, I'm away 13 days and Marek is away 8 days in August!

I'm away last week of August.