[keycloak-dev] need feedback on pluggable fed console UI

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Jul 30 07:24:42 EDT 2014

I think it's perfectly fine to configure these through keycloak-server.json for now. It's an advanced use-case after all.

Providing this feature properly is going to be quite tricky and time consuming I think. A few thoughts about this:

* We should at least look at UberFire
* If we do this - bootstrapping of providers should be done by retrieving the config for the console from the server (list of SPIs, providers, etc.) then this should be used to load scripts (through js) and add config to the routeprovider
* I'm still not convinced that this can't be achieved in a generic way - creating jax-rs, js scripts and html files for a provider is a big overhead (and would require developers to learn a lot of new tech)
* Resources/connections such as email servers, ldap servers, databases, etc. should be configured globally and referenced from the realm - basically what datasources do in an app server