[keycloak-dev] why authenticate clients?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Mar 3 09:52:25 EST 2014

> Not sure what you're proposing. Are you saying that we shouldn't authenticate clients at all?

Not proposing anything.  Our pure-javascript/html5 adapter is a public
client.  I'm just saying that in that case, its just as secure as a
confidential client is you use SSL.  It also helps in cases where its
difficult to distribute/store client secrets, i.e. in the multi-tenant
case that Travis (a keycloak user) has been talking about on the user list.