[keycloak-dev] Issues with the first login flow

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue May 20 11:44:00 EDT 2014

----- Original Message -----

He's not logged-in, those are actions that the user are required to do prior to be logged-in. The user will however have to identify himself with username/password (and totp if configured) prior to being permitted to do those actions. The actions a user can be asked to do as part of a login is not just limited to updating the password. These can include:

* Configure TOTO
* Update password
* Verify email
* Update profile

And, possible more to come in the future.

> Regarding my screen, if the matter is the text “To have access to the
> console…”, we can easily change it. Maybe it is hard to recognise that, but
> the “username” field is already fulfilled with admin, which is a disabled
> field. So the autofocus would be in “New password” and the user wouldn’t
> need to enter the username.
>
> Despite your punctual appointments, don’t you think a screen like that would
> improve what we have? I included the text above and the field “username” for
> this screen to be visible different from the login screen.

Text above we already have in a notification thing, but I don't have a problem with moving that above the form. The username input field doesn't make sense at all, as the user is not able to change that at this stage.