[keycloak-dev] why doesnt import/expot use reps?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu May 22 10:33:59 EDT 2014

We now have two different models for dealing with imports and two
different code paths too.  Why does import/export have its own json
model under model/api/...entities?  Why weren't the JSON representations
in keycloak-core/.../representations used?

We already have code that converts between
keycloak-core/...representations and Models that is updated and
maintained.  We now have double the work to keep the export/import stuff
in sync too!