[keycloak-dev] Multi-tenancy

Frank French Frank.French at causeway.com
Thu Oct 2 11:42:35 EDT 2014

Hi

I've been looking at using Keycloak to secure our cloud based apps. Everything I've tried up until now has worked like a charm (very impressed especially with the docs).

What I'm trying to do now is decide programatically which database schema to use based on the user credentials. I've had a multi-tenanted database working before so I'm not looking for help configuring that side of things. I'd like to know whether there is anything within Keycloak that I could use as a tenant identifier or whether I'm missing the point and there's a much slicker way of performing this type of operation.

Just so I'm clear I'm expecting there to be 1 Keycloak athentication database and 1 application database supporting multiple schemas.

Frank

Causeway is committed towards reducing its carbon footprint. Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Disclaimer Notice :-

The message and any attachments contained in this e-mail are intended for the named recipient(s) only. It may contain privileged or confidential information or information which is exempt from disclosure under the applicable laws. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not read, print, retain, copy distribute, forward or take any or refrain from taking any action in reliance on it or any of its attachments. If you have received or have been forwarded this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail or telephone (+44 (0)1628 552000) and delete this message from the computer or any other data-reading device in its entirety.

Please advise us immediately if you do not or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail for messages of this nature.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure and error-free as the information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, arrive late or contain viruses. The sender and this Company therefore do not and shall not accept any liability or responsibility of whatsoever nature in the context of this message and its attachment(s) which arises as a result of Internet transmission. Opinions, conclusion, representations, views and such other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of this Company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Registered Office: Comino House, Furlong Road, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, SL8 5AQ
Registered in England No: 3921897 www.causeway.com