[keycloak-dev] admin console will use IDs for urls

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Oct 8 15:37:42 EDT 2014

Usings URLs for applicaiton and oauth client names will be the norm for
SAML and probably also very common for openid-connect too since a lot of
spec examples use URLs IIRC.

Angular JS does not like URLs specifically encoded slashes.  I've tried
a bunch of things, but can't really get everything to work completely
and properly.  We should just switch back to IDs for referencing
applications and oauth clients.  To facilitate that I'm going to keep
the old REST api, but add

realms/{realm-name}/applications-by-id/{id}
realms/{realm-name}/oauth-clients-by-id/{id}

Very minimal changes on the server side, but the admin console is going
to require a lot of work :(