[keycloak-dev] Keycloak 1.2.0.Beta1 Released
stian at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 08:38:51 EDT 2015
We're proud to announce the release of Keycloak 1.2.0.Beta1. This is a great release, especially if you're after enterprise capabilities.
The major new features in this release includes:
* Protocol mapping - With protocol mapping it's easy to define what claims are added to the token an application receives.
* Kerberos - It's now possible to authenticate with a Keycloak realm using Kerberos tickets through SPNEGO.
* Identity Brokering - As well as Kerberos you can also authenticate with Keycloak with an external SAML 2.0 or OpenID Connect Identity Provider.
* OpenID Connect improvements - We've made several improvements to comply with the OpenID Connect specification and we've also introduced new features such as Discovery, Session Management and UserInfo endpoint.
* Internationalization support for login and account management Thanks to Michael Gerber the login and account management pages now have internationalization support. We have built in support for English, German and Brazilian Portuguese. We've also made it easy to add your own and if you'd like to contribute a translation let us know.
* Deploy providers as modules - It's now possible to deploy custom providers as modules. This gives you full control of the classloader for your provider.
* Deploy themes as modules - We've made it much simpler to package themes and they can also be deployed as a module. This makes it simpler to distribute themes as well as using custom themes in a cluster.
* Login with Stackoverflow and LinkedIn - Thanks to Vlastimil Eliáš we now have built-in support to login with Stackoverflow and LinkedIn.
* SysLog event listener - Thanks to Giriraj Sharma we now have a syslog event listener.
To get the release go to www.keycloak.org. For the full lists of issues resolved for this release check https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK.
Remember to read the migration guide before upgrading as it contains vital information about what's changed and how to upgrade.
More information about the keycloak-dev