[keycloak-dev] Persistent grants - step 1

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 10:57:19 EDT 2015

On 20.4.2015 16:29, Stian Thorgersen wrote:

> [...]
yeah, focusing on corner case is maybe one of my issues :-)

I will do the way you mentioned.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1218

>>> +1 To add, but call it ClientModel.get/setName instead. This makes me think
>>> that we need a way to manage localized labels through the console. If
>>> someone sets name of a client to ${myClient} then they should also be able
>>> to add translations to it through the admin console. That's something to
>>> implement later though.
>> hmm... Actually on RoleModel, there is "setDescription/getDescription"
>> used as localized field, so I wonder if ClientModel shouldn't be
>> consistent with that?
> I disagree. For a role you want to "describe" to the user what the application is requesting access to. In this case the name is meaningless. For example it makes more sense on the consent screen to display "Read your emails" than "Read Email".
>
> For a app/client it's the name you want to display. For example "ACME Email Readers" makes more sense then "An application that can read emails". There may be a case for adding a description as well to a client (for example to display in account management), but that can be done later if we need to.
ok, makes sense

>> I agree with translations of clients, roles and protocol mappers
>> available from admin console. I've proposed that too couple of months ago.
> Maybe one day we have time to implement it ;)
>
>> Also I wonder if we should have single "messages_*.properties" scoped to
>> the whole Keycloak (theme) instead of separate messages.properties file
>> per each theme type? Because there are many keys duplicated per both
>> "login" and "account" theme type (and there will be even more if we ever
>> add localization for admin console). Classic example are protocol mapper
>> or roles descriptions (firstName, lastName, ...)
> Same answer as above - it probably makes more sense, but would have to be done later. Actually it probably makes sense to have message bundles completely detached from themes altogether.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1219

Single file is also more friendly to localization community contributors
IMO. They don't need to translate same things twice and it will help to
avoid the situation when contributor translates just messages for
"login" but miss the "account" or "email".

Marek