[keycloak-dev] Identity Brokering token storage and retrieval

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 05:31:25 EDT 2015

On 23.4.2015 07:52, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
> Any comments on this?

I believe that brokered logout will work as long as we store the flag on
UserSession specifying which identity provider was used to authenticate
the user in particular session?

For example if Google was used to authenticate user and Google offline
token was obtained during this authentication, then Keycloak logout will
propagate logout to the Google provider and invalidate Google offline
token as well. But if Google wasn't used for authenticating user in that
particular session (user already had offline Google token linked
previously to his account), then Keycloak logout won't propagate logout
to the Google and won't invalidate offline token.

>> Token retrieval
>> We add a "token service" client to Keycloak that has a "retrieve token" role
>> for each provider. For an application to be able to retrieve the token the
>> user has to have a role mapping on this role and the client has to have a
>> scope on it as well. This results in using standard roles, scopes and
>> consent screens instead of a different mechanism.
+1

Marek