[keycloak-dev] Sharing HttpClient in backchannelLogout

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 13:20:01 EDT 2015

Looks that both OIDCLoginProtocol.backchannelLogout and
SamlProtocol.backchannelLogout always create new instance of Apache
HttpClient used just during single invocation. I suspect this is not
very good for performance as HTTP connections pool needs to be always
created again and again? We're doing it even if client doesn't have
adminUrl (no sending of HTTP request is even needed).

I wonder if we should share single instance of HttpClient (or
ApacheHttpClient4Executor) per LoginProtocolFactory? Or even better, if
we convert AuthenticationManager to the SPI (which is planned AFAIK) and
pass the executor from there?