[keycloak-dev] Resolving cyclic dependency issues while implementing new SPI's

Giriraj Sharma giriraj.sharma27 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 01:31:51 EDT 2015

Hi,

IMHO, it will be good if we move the package (org.keycloak.provider) from
keycloak-model-api to some other module which is used as a common
dependency by most other modules (like keycloak-core) .

org.keycloak.provider.*  from keycloak-model-api  is used by most of the
modules which implement certain Spi.
A module (X) having keycloak-model-api (Y) added as a dependency may in
turn be used by classes or other Spi's in keycloak-model-api (Y) and thus
result into a cyclic dependency.

X dependent on Y for org.keycloak.provider.* classes
Y dependent on X for X specific services/SPI's or classes

keycloak-core is used by many modules but in turn keycloak-core doesn't
uses any of keycloak-* dependency and hence will not result into any issues
like cyclic dependency. So, may be moving org.keycloak.provider.* from
keycloak-model-api to some other(like keycloak-core) will be helpful or may
be a better practice.

If this seems fine, I will be happy to make the required changes :)

Cheers,
--

Giriraj Sharma
about.me/girirajsharma