[keycloak-dev] Concept structure in the VCS?

Lennart Jörelid lennart.jorelid at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 07:38:43 EDT 2015

Hello all,

A month or so ago, I got curious about Keycloak. Downloaded, set up in a
dev environment, created some custom themes and took a look at the
codebase. I have a few questions, likely because I have missed some
developer documentation:

   - *Codebase concepts*: I frequently try to structure codebases to
   highlight its big concepts. For example, if we consider 'themes' to be such
   a concept in KeyCloak we might create a folder called 'themes", with some
   project wihtin it: (themes-model, themes-spi, themes-impl-jpa,
   themes-impl-freemarker, ....). Is there a description of the codebase
   structure or concepts currently? ("mini-SAD")
   - *Codebase javadoc:* Do we have a policy for JavaDoc'ing the
   Model/API/SPI but perhaps not the implementation classes, other than with
   implementation details?
   - *Configuration:* Some of the descriptions in the docbook are really
   good, and some are more shallow. If we create a standard way of configuring
   the parts of keycloak, we could likely generate standard
   setup/configuration documentation (somewhat similar to maven plugins where
   certain parts of a site documentation is generated from annotations or
   JavaDocs). Are there such plans?