[keycloak-dev] Reset Password changes complete needs review

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Aug 19 21:10:26 EDT 2015

I also don't want multiple options.  I want to get rid of the link entirely.

I'm repeating myself, but, This is about your requirement of out-of-band
link-clicks not logging in the user.  That kind of flow is not
compatible with the current Auth SPI and it requires hacks to required
actions like Update Password to even work (which already exist).  We're
also going to have to make users aware of it and explain how to code for
it if they are writing their own extension.  It just makes things a lot
more complicated if you are extending things.

Finally, I don't like the link because at least for me, it opens a brand
new tab and leaves the original still active.  I also don't think the
link is more user-friendly when the link is clicked in another browser.
  It is also possible the user is obtaining the link on a phone and that
our update password screen will be a bit cramped there.  Also, typing in
a password from a phone is quite awkward and time consuming.