[keycloak-dev] Keycloak in JBoss projects

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Jan 8 05:25:19 EST 2015

There's a lot of JBoss projects already integrating or looking at using Keycloak:

* AeroGear UPS
* LiveOak
* RTGov
* Hawt.io
* Fabric8
* Fuse
* S-RAMP
* APIMan
* ...

I think now is the time to make sure we can provide the best and consistent experience for all projects. With that regards there's improvements we can make:

* Embeddable Keycloak - provide a slimmed down profile of Keycloak that can easily be embedded into existing projects. The big question here is should we support deploying to other containers than WildFly? I reckon as long as projects support other projects and we want to be the main auth solution we do. I'd hate to see projects having to provide alternative mechanisms themselves to continue to support Tomcat for example
* External Keycloak - make it simpler to link a project to an external Keycloak, including sharing the master realm for SSO to all consoles
* Configuration - for both embeddable and external we need to make it easier for projects to bootstrap and update application configuration (for example if hostname changes)
* Unified console - we need to align better with PatternFly and RCUE. We should also provide a mechanism for linking between consoles