[keycloak-dev] Importing users to Keycloak

James Scicluna james.scicluna at qhrtech.com
Sat Jan 17 12:43:58 EST 2015

Hello Keycloak Team,
at Medeo we are currently evaluating the possibility of using Keycloak as our authorization provider. In particular we are very excited about the comprehensive feature set that Keycloak offers.

Our users (and authorization) are currently handled by our main application but we want to move them out to a separate authorization provider for SSO. So far we thought about doing this in two ways:
- replicate our database, connect it to Keycloak and implement the matching hashing algorithms for user passwords
- federate the users to our existing database

Are these two plausible solutions? And, are there any other possible solutions?

Thank you

--
James Scicluna
SOFTWARE ENGINEER

[cid:028E41F2-51B2-462F-BD26-73EFE5C31630]

Stay Healthy.
@medeo<http://twitter.com/medeo>

Office +1 888-297-2973
Fax +1 604-608-9761