[keycloak-dev] Git History w/merges of upstream/master

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Sat Jul 11 05:06:25 EDT 2015

I don't have strong opinion on it. I am personally always doing rebase
before sending PR to the master. And I agree that rebase is cleaner than
merge.

But unfortunately if you want to merge pull requests automatically on
github (Clicking on button "Merge pull request" ), github will always
merge the PR, not rebase. For the really linear commit history, we will
need to avoid merging PRs in the github UI, which is more work for the
person, who is merging the PR...

Marek