[keycloak-dev] [wildfly-dev] Using feature packs for custom distributions

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 09:13:39 EDT 2015

As I see it the main issue with using core or servlets is the fact that we have to redefine modules.

Currently AFAIK when pulling in a feature pack you end up pulling in all modules for that feature pack even if you disable subsystems/extensions that rely on those modules. Would it not be better to have individual subsystems define what modules they require and only pull in the required modules for the enabled subsystems/extensions? That would allow us to build on WF full and get all module definitions from there, while still reducing the size of our distribution.