[keycloak-dev] Removal of JPA and Mongo user session providers

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 03:19:53 EDT 2015

We are planning on removing the JPA and Mongo user session providers.

For increased durability for user sessions we highly recommend using a cluster and using a distributed cache with 2 or more owners, or using a replicated cache. We are also going to look at using persistence in Infinispan.

The reasoning behind this is that we'd like to focus on creating one really good user session provider based on Infinispan instead of maintaining multiple implementations.