[keycloak-dev] usersession-based UserModels

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 10:54:28 EDT 2015

I'm thinking more and more we need UserSession based UserModels.  This
would be the case where nothing is imported for a user with either
brokering or federation, but rather stored in memory for the duration of
the UserSession.

If user metadata (role mappings, etc.) is all obtained from external
sources, there really is no need to import the data and import is just a
huge performance hit.

I ran into this with "transient" nameid format and SAML brokering.  In
this scenario the parent IDP generates a new userid each and every
login.  This is to define an anonymous user.  So, every time a user logs
in would create a brand new user in the keycloak database.