[keycloak-dev] brokered username

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 20:37:52 EDT 2015

When a user gets created I am changing it so that the UserModel username
will be:

brokerAlias + "." + username-imported-from-broker

This is so that we don't have username conflicts.  The downside is that
if anybody relies on username, it will now have all these extra
characters i.e. "facebook.bburke123" instead of "bburke123"

Is this an ok stopgap until we have a better solution?  I think just
making the username null opens up a wide variety of potential problems
as a lot of our codebase is dependent on username.