[keycloak-dev] Back channel logout vs. browser redirect

Scott Rossillo srossillo at smartling.com
Fri May 8 14:31:09 EDT 2015

Hi,

When developing adapters, is there any benefit to using a browser redirect for logout vs calling:

KeycloakDeployment deployment = // get deployment
RefreshableKeycloakSecurityContext session = // get session
session.logout(deployment);

The main reason I ask is that both accomplish the same goal but the back channel method is actually better for integration with Spring Security.

Am I losing anything by using the back channel logout method?

Best,
Scott