[keycloak-dev] Am I doing this right?

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Thu May 14 12:31:38 EDT 2015

Temporary home for Keycloak/Elytron integration is here:
https://github.com/ssilvert/keycloak-elytron-temp

In looking back over it, I realize I need to ask some general questions.

The way the initial realm implementation works is that I implement the
Elytron realm interface.  Whenever Elytron asks for a user
authentication, it calls out to a Keycloak server to validate credentials.

The way I'm doing that right now is to use a Direct Access Grant.  I
adapted some of Bill's code for this purpose:
https://github.com/ssilvert/keycloak-elytron-temp/blob/master/realm-impl/src/main/java/org/keycloak/elytron/realm/DirectGrantLogin.java

On the Keycloak side, this requires allowing direct access grants on the
realm and defining a direct access client.  Is there any reason why
someone would not want to do this?   If so, should I provide some
alternate means of authentication?

Stan