[keycloak-dev] Dynamically compute LIST values in ProviderConfigProperty

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu May 28 10:15:17 EDT 2015

On 28.5.2015 13:04, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 5/28/2015 6:37 AM, Marek Posolda wrote:
>> On 27.5.2015 16:23, Bill Burke wrote:
>>> I was thinking that we'd just add new types beyond STRING, BOOLEAN, LIST
>>> etc.  Just add a ROLE_LIST and CLIENT_LIST ProviderConfigProperty type,
>>> the admin console would see that type, and just display an appropriate
>>> UI for selecting that type.  Down the line we couldadd types like
>>> CERTIFICATE_LIST, USER_SEARCH, etc...
>>>
>>> I don't think a getConfigProperties(RealmModel) is needed.  The admin
>>> console already knows the current realm and it can itself query for the
>>> ROLE/Client list to display to choose from.
>>>
>>> Following me?
>> Yes, looks like even better option. I've added CLIENT_LIST for now as
>> that's needed in Role LDAP mapper.
>>
> I wonder if these input fragments could be encapsulated in a directive?
>    Right now its just a big ng-show, ng-hide blob of goop.
+1

In that case, we may also need some common loader, which will
encapsulate all the needed loaded data? For example for "CLIENT_LIST"
I've added just "ClientListLoader" to the partial for showing
federated-mapper-detail.html because CLIENT_LIST needs to load and show
the list of all the clients. Similarly ROLE_LIST may need to load all
the roles etc.

So instead of declare all the loaders, the partial, which will use the
directive can declare this "common" loader, which will load all the data
needed by all types (Client list, role list, ...) . So you won't need to
declare 10 separate loaders but will declare just this one.

Marek